Updated Proof of Vaccination Directions
Updated Proof of Vaccination Directions have been released which provide specific exemptions to proof of vaccination for community sport. The Directions commence on Monday, 31 January.
Fitness members at Loftus 24/7 & Coaching Zone Leederville will need to show proof of vaccination only once (this will recorded with your membership), casual fitness participants will need to show proof each visit, along with all patrons using the Cafe.
Community sports participants and spectators will not need to show proof of vaccination.
The Proof of Vaccination Directions (No 2) include the following changes:
- A definition of community sport (paragraph 26) is now included which states that community sport is an excluded event (paragraph 32(d)), so does not require proof of vaccination
- Community sport is defined as organised, community-based team or individual amateur sport played or participated in for no valuable remuneration
- If a venue is being used for community sport, it is an excluded venue, even if usually it would require proof of vaccination (paragraph 34(e))
- Proof of vaccination is not required for access and egress to the excluded venues (paragraph 34)
- A new definition of indoor entertainment venue (paragraph 46) meaning any indoor space used for the primary purpose of entertainment which is open to the public but is not listed in Schedule 1, which also require proof of vaccination.
View the updated Directions here.